Friday, December 31, 2010

Time to go back to work

I have been very glad to have had two weeks plus off from work.  I am ready to go back.

While we were on vacation and I could do nothing about it, I received a notice from our very good and kind record keeper saying that my attendance report was overdue.  I totally forgot to send it in and felt terrible.  I had taken pride in handling the new technology for this on my own when many others of our aging staff could not do so.  And now I just let everything go out of my mind after that last day of a Christmas party.  I sent it in last night. After unpacking and eating supper, it was next on my to-do list. 

Another email I received while on vacation stated that the laptops were found when they were sold or given to two young ladies by a certain MW.  We were asked if MW was a student in our classes.  Not in mine.  I even checked to see if he was a Facebook friend of one of the women who last used the laptop in my class.  He wasn't.  They will be questioned by the police however.  I gave their names to the building representative.  How I hope they have nothing to do with it.  But if they don't, it will be someone from Sally's class and that too is sad.  It is an ugly thing to lose trust.

I never take my purse into class or take money with me.  I just don't tempt anyone in that way.  The laptops must just be too tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment