Monday, December 13, 2010

Another GED and why I need a new cell phone

O sent me a message on Facebook saying she wanted to send me a photo.  Apparently she tried to send it to my home phone and that didn't work, of course!   I rarely give out my cell phone number and would not really want to receive a photo on it with our reduced plan.

The photo was of her 11 month old son holding her GED diploma!  She knew as soon as she saw the words "Do not bend" on the envelope that it was going to be good news!  She said she couldn't have done it without me--which may mean, we agreed, that I would not accept oversleeping as an excuse--even for a woman who was 7 months pregnant and had a 9 month old baby. 

It's a "snow day" today and there has been almost no snow.  Apparently a few miles west of here, still in the same school district, there is plenty of snow.  I have been a bit bored although it has been a pleasant, lazy day.  Again, signs that it is not yet time to retire--a happy phone call has made my day!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift on a snowy day! You have been a force for change in her life. Would she give you permission to post her picture? Your other students might be inspired by it, too!

    ReplyDelete