Saturday, December 11, 2010

Back to posting

This is the longest I have gone without posting.  I'm not sure why that is.  Christmas is a busy season and we had a wonderful, but exhausting trip to NJ and NYC last weekend. 

Leaving the class for such a weekend involves much planning.  Another staff member took six students to IVY Tech for a meeting with the admissions director and a tour on Thursday so I could catch a late morning flight.   Two students were excused from class because they had gone on the tour last spring.  I made sure all plans and files were ready for Monday morning just in case we were delayed.  And we were delayed but ending up driving a rental car from Cincinnati and arriving home at 3:01 am!  It's that kind of weekend that tempts me to consider retiring and to have the freedom to come and go more easily. 

Right now I have just two students who are able to learn easily.  And one of them has had a crisis at home and is moving out to live with a brother in Indianapolis.  The other one could probably pass the GED tomorrow, but is happy enough to take a few weeks to prepare and be sure.  And the rest--I think I'll separate this and write about my frustrations in the next posting.

1 comment:

  1. Cincinnati? You were less than an hour and a half from us! :) If you were retired you could have made a detour to come visit ;).

    ReplyDelete