Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our first GED this year!

R said she tried to call me to let me know, but I think she was put off by the voice mail.  When I called her, she said the GED was a "piece of cake" and she passed it  with a 550 average. She is working as a dietary aide and has already enrolled in our community college in a nursing program.  She said she wants to take me out to celebrate.  I suggested lunch on some Friday.  We'll see.  In any case, I am so pleased that she not only passed (I was sure she would), but that she is using the GED as a first step towards other goals.   I can check off four primary goals on our National Reporting Service list:  improving a level in basic skills, passing the GED, gaining employment, and entering post-secondary education.  Hurray for her and hurray for us!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to R! (It's funny how many things are a "piece of cake" if you are properly prepared.)

    ReplyDelete