Thursday, January 6, 2011

One on one

My jury duty was canceled.  And then at 5:15 I got a call from Housing Authority saying there would be no power in the child care rooms due to major construction in the area.  I made many calls canceling staff, students, volunteer and buses.  I went in to my classroom where there was power.   I had plenty of projects I could do. 

However, one new student was not given the message by her housemates and she showed up with her one year old.  She worked so hard all morning and was so eager to keep working.  Her baby alternately played, ate, and slept.  The morning was worth it for her sake.

The irony--When I went to get a car seat so I could take her home, I turned on the lights in the child care room automatically.  They went on!  The power was never turned off.  We could have had class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment