Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time to begin

I went to Macri's bakery this morning as I have done for years--maybe ten or more--on the day before we have classes.  I bought five of their wonderful muffins to share while we went through policies and procedures as a staff.  As I walked from the car to the store, I wondered if this would be the last time I did this--and then I wondered how many times I would be thinking that this year.  It made me feel a little sad.  Jim said what if I had thought I would be doing that routine for the next 15 years.  I guess that would make me feel even worse!

It was a good meeting and everything is mostly ready for tomorrow.  Tonight I had the usual phone calls:  The first:  "I have a referral to Christ Child  Society tomorrow--is it OK if I come in late?"   The second:  "My mother didn't make it to do her laundry today at my house.  Is it OK if I start on Thursday instead?"  I gave permission to the first student and said no to the second one. 

A Facebook friend said she would like to read this blog.  I am not ready to post on FB, but I was flattered and will email it to her.  Another friend wrote that she was wondering when I would think about retiring.  And somehow I didn't find that affirming at all!

1 comment:

  1. Good beginning! I think it must be very exciting and a little nerve-wracking to think of such a major life change. Is Jim contemplating the same possibilities? Or are you thinking about traveling more with him?

    ReplyDelete